Paris Saint-Germain’s Lionel Messi will miss this week’s home Champions League game with Benfica due to injury, club sources told AFP on Monday.
The 35-year-old Argentine superstar suffered a slight calf issue in last week’s 1-1 draw in Portugal and missed Saturday’s draw at Reims in Ligue 1.
PSG will also be without defenders Presnel Kimpembe and Nuno Mendes as well as midfielder Renato Sanches for Tuesday’s game in the French capital.
It sits top of Group H, ahead of Benfica, two-time European Cup winner, on goals scored in the group stages.
The ex-Barcelona forward has missed just one of PSG’s 14 games in all competitions this season and it will hope he is fit for Sunday’s high-octane Ligue 1 clash with bitter rival Marseille.
Spain defender Sergio Ramos will definitely miss Sunday’s game as he is suspended.
- IPL auction: Five World Cup stars who could get an Indian Premier League contract on December 19
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Maharashtra aims to secure spot in knockouts after last season final loss
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Full schedule, teams, squads, date, venues
- Indian team leaves for FIH Women’s Junior World Cup 2023
- NBA In-Season roundup: Cavs recovers, tops 76ers in OT