Cristiano Ronaldo has made no secret of the fact he holds a dear place in his heart for Alex Ferguson, having described the ex-Manchester United manager as his "father in football" in the past.
And, after the five-time Ballon d'Or winner and former United favourite helped Juventus to a straightforward 1-0 victory at Old Trafford in the Champions League, he was reunited with his old boss on Tuesday.
Ronaldo posed for a picture with his one-time mentor, who signed him as a skinny 18-year-old from Sporting CP in 2003.
Sharing the photograph on Twitter, Ronaldo described Ferguson as "a great coach and above all a wonderful man", as well as highlighting the 76-year-old's good health after suffering a brain haemorrhage earlier this year.
"[He] taught me so many things inside and outside the pitch," the tweet continued.
"Great to see you in good shape, Boss!"
Ronaldo will face Group H rival United again, this time in Turin, on November 7 in the return fixture.
- AIFF women’s committee discusses appointment of new coaches
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Tushar takes three; Shardul, Musheer star as Mumbai bowls out Tamil Nadu for 146
- CSK training camp ahead of IPL 2024 gets underway
- Indian boxers renew quest for Paris Olympic quotas in Italy
- NBA roundup: Celtics routs Mavs in 10th straight win