Real Madrid is said to be close to signing yet another rising Brazilian star.
Zinedine Zidane's side has reportedly agreed a fee for Flamengo's Reinier, who could move to Spain this month. Chelsea, meanwhile, may have to wait until after the season has finished until its top targets become available.
TOP STORY – REAL MADRID TO SIGN REINIER FOR €30M
According to widespread reports, Real Madrid is close to finalising a deal to sign Flamengo's Reinier. The 17-year-old could move to the Spanish capital in January and spend the rest of the season with Raul's Castilla team.
Reinier, who turns 18 on January 19 and will therefore become an easier deal to complete, will apparently cost €30m plus potential add-ons.
- Chelsea wants to sign Jadon Sancho and Timo Werner , but the Premier League club knows it is likely to have to wait until the end of the season to complete the deals, according to Goal.
- Elsewhere in London, Sky Sports say West Ham has held talks with Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes , a reported target for Manchester United . David Moyes said of the club's interest: "He is a name mentioned alongside many."
- Inter is the latest team to be interested in Christian Eriksen , say Tuttomercatoweb. Directors Giuseppe Marotta and Piero Ausilio want to close the deal quickly but Tottenham 's £30m asking price is a problem.
- Nikola Kalinic has been offered to Newcastle United as he has struggled for football since joining Roma on loan from Atletico Madrid , say Marca.
- Still with Marca, Real Madrid has apparently earmarked three Lille players as potential signings for 2020: Boubakary Soumare , Victor Osimhen and Gabriel .
- Sky Sports claim Jan Vertonghen is now more likely to join Napoli from Tottenham this month, as Ajax has apparently cooled its interest in its former defender.
- David Beckham's Inter Miami is set to appoint a new coach in the form of Anthony Pulis , the son of ex-Stoke City boss Tony. Pulis will work as assistant to Diego Alonso, say The Telegraph.
- Ashwini-Tanisha pair in final, Priyanshu loses in Syed Modi International semifinals
- Euro 2024: Germany to Spain, Italy and Croatia in group of death
- Premier League: Arsenal beats Wolves to go four points clear at top
- Vaishali, India’s third female Grandmaster, is making all the right moves
- IPL 2024 Auction: Scouts reveal domestic middle-order batters, fast bowlers likely to be hot property on December 19