Delhi Dynamos FC was rewarded with a stunning victory for its attacking endeavour in its previous Indian Super League (ISL) fixture against star-studded Bengaluru FC. Boosted by the result, the visitor will go into the match FC Pune City with a lot of confidence.
Two wins and two draws under Phil Brown, playing a flowing attacking style, Pune City has the look of a team with positive energy and ready to put its best foot forward in a home game at Balewadi stadium. Iain Hume regained his bite, Robin Singh is taking up good positions in and around the box, while Marcelinho and Ashique Kuruniyan are providing goals.
Coach Brown credits the turnaround to execution of plans. “We do a lot of hard work, study the opposition, work out how they play, strengths and weaknesses,” he said, before adding, “We know one or two things that Delhi do well, also know things that they don’t do well. Hopefully that will be an important factor in the game.” A victory can be achieved by the home team and the highest possible finish is fifth, behind the four qualifiers.
Delhi coach, Josep Gombau, knows his defence will be tested. “Pune City has done really well since Christmas. They have a very good attack and scoring a lot of goals. It will be a tough challenge defensively for us.”
The visitor has the attacking ammunition to capitalise on any lapses from the host defence. Delhi top-scorer, Lallianzuala Chhangte (four goals) can be a handful, backed by the creative abilities of Marcos Tebar, Vinit Rai, Nandhakumar Sekar.
The home team will miss the hard-working Adil Khan in the middle due to an accumulation of yellow cards and Diego Carlos due to an injury. Pune City is in seventh place (19 points from 16 matches), while Delhi is eighth with 15 points.
- U19 Asia Cup: Azan century helps Pakistan beat India by 8 wickets
- PKL LIVE Score, Bengal Warriors vs Tamil Thalaivas: Mahinder’s Warriors faces Sagar’s Thalaivas, Dabang Delhi KC vs Haryana Steelers at 9; When, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023?
- India vs South Africa Live Score, 1st T20I: IND v SA updates; Toss at 7 pm IST; preview; live streaming info, predicted XI
- IND-W vs ENG -W Live Score, 3rd Women’s T20: England wins toss, elects to bat first vs India; Amanjot replaces Pooja
- Gujarat Giants’ priority was buying players who would fit the setup: Mithali Raj