Manini Kaushik made the women’s 50-metre rifle 3-position final but placed sixth in the World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan, on Sunday.
She was the only Indian to make the final on the last day of competition, as the men’s 25-metre rapid fire pistol shooters failed to make the cut.
Manini qualified in the sixth place with a score of 579 and missed progress after shooting 415.6 in the final. Seonaid Mcintosh of Britain also shot 579 in qualification but managed to climb to the gold spot as she outclassed the field with a score of 467.0.
In men’s rapid fire pistol, Vijayveer Sidhu shot 580 and missed the final by one point. He had shot 293 in the first stage and 287 in the second stage of qualification.
Li Yuehong of China bagged the gold as he beat Clement Bessaguet of France 33-32, after having qualified in the third place with a score of 583.
India finished second on the medals tale with one gold, two silver and a bronze medal. China topped with four gold, a silver and two bronze medals. Iran, Czech Republic, Britain, Greece and Hungary were the other teams to win a gold medal each.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- Bopanna-Ebden, Yuki-Haase pairs advance, Nagal exits from Dubai Tennis C’ship
- Mexican Open: Second-seeded Holger Rune eases past American Michael Mmoh
- Argentina to play exhibition against Costa Rica instead of Nigeria in Los Angeles on March 26
- A low-ranked American tennis player banned after testing positive for marijuana at a tournament