Caroline Wozniacki came out on top in a pulsating battle with Karolina Pliskova to reach the decider of the WTA Finals and ensure Simona Halep will end the year at the top of the rankings.
Sixth seed Wozniacki will face Caroline Garcia or Venus Williams in her second WTA Finals showdown on Sunday after beating Pliskova 7-6 (11-9) 6-3 in a high-quality first semifinal in Singapore.
WATCH: 'Right time to retire
The Dane saved six set points before winning a marathon opening set in a tie-break and broke three times in the second to dump the third seed out. Pliskova needed to win the title to usurp Halep, but it is the Romanian who will end the year as world number one despite failing to progress to the last four of the season-ending tournament.
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Score, Updates from September 22: Indian table tennis team in action today
- South America’s 2030 Football World Cup bid seeks to rise above political tensions in the region
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 22: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST
- MotoGP riders give thumbs up to the Buddh International Circuit
- Wrestling World Championships: Antim Panghal wins bronze, guarantees India a Paris Olympic quota