India’s Harmilan Bains won silver in the women’s 800m event at the Asian Games in Hangzhou on Wednesday.
She managed a 2:03.75 run after trailing behind at the 400m mark. She piped China’s Wang Chunyu in the last few metres to place second. Sri Lanka’s Tharushi won gold with 2:03.20.
Bains also won silver in the 1500m event with a time of 4:12.74s.
Athletics runs in Harmilan’s family. Her father Amandeep Bains is a South Asian Games medallist in 1500m, and mother Madhuri Saxena is a 2002 Asian Games silver medallist in 800m.
Bains’ compatriot Chanda finished seventh clocking 2:05.69.
- Canada, Russia file appeals against re-ranking of 2022 Winter Olympic team result
- Biennial FIFA series of friendly games to launch in March
- Horner fate set to be decided before Bahrain GP
- Murray drops retirement hint after 500th hardcourt win in Dubai
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Mumbai leads by 415 vs Baroda; Karnataka steady in 371-run chase v Baroda