It was a double bonanza for ace shuttler P. V. Sindhu as the Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of ten lakh rupees, on her winning the Macau Open $120,000 Grand Prix Gold tournament for the third time.
World No.12 Sindhu, who has won the World Championship bronze twice, had won $9000 as the prize money for the Macau Open.
“We were confident that she would retain the title and she has stood up to our expectations. We at Badminton Association of India are proud of Sindhu and wish her more titles in the future’’, said the BAI president, Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta, in a statement.
P. V. Sindhu won the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold after defeating Japan's Minatsu Mitani in the final. The Hyderabad girl produced a dominating game to notch up a 21-9, 21-23, 21-14 win against the sixth seed, Mitani, in a match that lasted an hour and six minutes.
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Shardul removes Vijay to leave Tamil Nadu seven down
- NBA roundup: Celtics routs Mavs in 10th straight win
- Indian trio draws on a dull day in Prague Masters Chess tournament
- F1 Bahrain Grand Prix 2024: Preview, starting grid, live streaming info
- San Diego Open 2024: Top seed Jessica Pegula reaches semifinals