Saina Nehwal and Lakshya Sen will look to put their best foot forward when they spearhead the Indian challenge at the Saarlorlux Open Super Tour 100 tournament beginning here on Tuesday.
London Olympic bronze medallist Saina, who had claimed the Indonesia Masters in January before going through a tough phase, will hope to grab another title to boost her confidence when she opens against Germany’s Fabienne Deprez.
The 29-year-old Indian snapped a hat-trick of first-round exits when she reached the quarters at the French Open last week and she will look to continue her run in the tournament, where she has been given the top billing.
Lakshya, meanwhile, will look to grab his third title of the season after having claimed crowns at the Belgian international and Dutch Open. He had also reached the finals of Polish Open.
The eighth seeded Indian received a bye in the opening round and will begin against the winner of the first round match between Eetu Heino and Elias Bracke.
Kiran George, Mithun Manjunath and Rahul Bharadwaj are among the other Indians in the fray.
- IND-W vs ENG-W, 3rd T20I: Mandhana, bowlers guide India to five-wicket win over England
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Dinesh Karthik-led Tamil Nadu faces heavyweight Mumbai in quarterfinal
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After domestic career rejuvenation at Kerala, Shreyas Gopal hopes for IPL resurgence
- PKL 2023, Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Gujarat Giants, Bengaluru Bulls vs UP Yoddhas: When, where to watch, H2H records
- Pro Tennis League: Defending champion Gurgaon Sapphires retains its crown, beats Ichiban Samurai