Lakshya Sen entered the semifinals of the Thailand Open with a 21-19, 21-11 win over Malaysia’s Leong Jun Hao at the Indoor Stadium Huamark in Bangkok.
Sen made easy work of his opponent in 41 minutes as he breezed past to the semifinals.
The Indian, whose ranking has slipped to world number 23 from a career-high of six following below-par performances this season will face either China’s Lu Guang Zu or Kunlavut Vitidsarn of Thailand.
On the other hand, Kiran George went down to France’s TJ Popov 21-16, 21-17 in the last eight stage. George, who had been making waves after he entered the quarterfinals of the tournament through the qualifiers.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Chanderpaul, Brathwaite begin chase for West Indies vs India
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone