The NBA fined Philadelphia 76ers centre Joel Embiid $35,000 for repeatedly making an obscene gesture Sunday during the Sixers’ 126-98 win over the Portland Trail Blazers, the league announced Tuesday.
The incident occurred with 2:14 remaining in the third quarter when Embiid made a two-point basket and was fouled by Malcolm Brogdon. Embiid missed the free throw.
Embiid complemented game highs in points (35) and rebounds (15) with seven assists, six blocks and two steals for the host 76ers.
The 2022-23 NBA MVP, Embiid is a six-time All-Star. The 29-year-old is averaging 31.0 points, 10.3 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 3.0 blocks per game.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Updates, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Streaming info, preview, prediction, where to watch Ronaldo in action
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- MotoGP boots RNF team from 2024 grid
- AFC Cup points table LIVE: Odisha FC moves up to second spot with 5-2 win over Mohun Bagan SG
- IPL 2024: Retained by SRH, Sanvir Singh banking on honing all-round skills and visualising match situations to succeed