Olympic bronze-medallist M. C. Mary Kom is the lone woman boxer in the Indian team which has been selected by the International Boxing Association (AIBA) to compete in its Test event for next year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
“Six Indian Boxers have been selected by International Boxing Association AIBA to participate in the Test Event to be held at Rio De Janeiro, Brazil from the 4-6 December, 2015,” the AIBA ad-hoc committee running the sport in the country said in a statement.
The team also includes 2010 Commonwealth Games gold medallist Manoj Kumar and World Championships quarterfinalist Satish Kumar among others.
The Team : Rohit Tokas, Manoj Kumar, Devanshu Jaiswal, Parveen Kumar, Satish Kumar, M C Mary Kom.
Reserve : Karkara Shyamkumar.
- Everton boss Dyche calls for sanctions to be applied in off-season
- Mexican Open: De Minaur battles past Tsitsipas for spot in semifinals
- Joel Embiid wants to play again this season, for the 76ers and US Olympic team
- Don’t question my commitment to United, says Rashford
- AC Milan owners committed to building new stadium