The Asian Games-bound Indian men’s chess team, which includes World Cup silver medallist GM Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa along with three other quarter-finalists, will undergo a four-day tactical camp here from August 30.
Grandmasters Vidit Gujarathi, Arjun Erigaisi and D Gukesh, along with veteran Pentala Harikrishna are the other member as part of the Hangzhou-bound men’s squad.
The women’s coaching camp, currently underway from August 25 to 29, includes participants Savitha Shri B and Vankita Agarwal.
The team is led by head coach legendary GM Boris Gelfand and includes coach Srinath Narayanan, assistant coaches Vaibhav Suri and Arjun Kalyan.
“AICF’s commitment is etched in unwavering support and cutting-edge facilities for our players,” AICF president Sanjay Kapoor stated in a release.
“This coaching camp stands as a testament to that commitment, providing an immersive experience that delves deep into strategy and finesse, enriching players’ abilities in anticipation of the Asian Games scheduled in Hangzhou.” The camp will be held on the sidelines of the fifth edition of Tata Steel Chess India rapid and blitz tournament slated here from August 31-September 9.
All the members of the Asian Games-bound Indian squad will compete in the tournament which will also see participation from former World Blitz champion Maxime Vachier-Lagrave and reigning World Champion Wenjun Ju.
- SA vs AUS Live Score, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Australia 117/3 (17); Maharaj removes Head in first over, Marnus saved by DRS
- ODI World Cup: Rescue-man Miller pulls South Africa out of the rubbles
- Des Buckingham leaves Mumbai City FC, touted to join English third-division side Oxford United
- Punjab, Haryana favourites in National men’s hockey championships
- Most sixes in ICC World Cup 2023: South Africa on top with 99 sixes, Australia in second place