India’s R. Praggnanandhaa became the junior World No. 1 as per the FIDE rankings released on Friday.
The 18-year-old Indiangrandmaster gained four points due to his performance at the Tata Steel Chess tournament and is currently at 2747 points.
Currently, he is number 13 in the senior overall rankings, only five points from the top-10.
Other Indians who top the junior rankings are D Gukesh at third, while Nihal Sarin is placed sixth and Raunak Sadhwani who is at seventh.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS 1-0 HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, Talisca converts penalty
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29
- Man United manager Ten Hag demands apology from Fulham for Fernandes video