Australia off-spinner Nathan Lyon marched to the top of the wicket-taking charts in Test cricket in 2017 as he cleaned up the England tail in the second Ashes Test.
Meanwhile, at the Ferozshah Kotla in New Delhi, India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin lapped up three wickets in the third Test against Sri Lanka to become joint-highest wicket-taker in Tests this year.
That takes them beyond South Africa's Kagiso Rabada (54), with only Ravindra Jadeja in close attention and still to play Test action this year. The India spinner is currently in action against Sri Lanka.
- Book review: A valuable anthology of Indian sport and place of women in it
- Chandu Borde: We never played for money
- Everton boss Dyche calls for sanctions to be applied in off-season
- Mexican Open: De Minaur battles past Tsitsipas for spot in semifinals
- Joel Embiid wants to play again this season, for the 76ers and US Olympic team