Pakistan medium pacer Shahnawaz Dahani will not be available for his team's Asia Cup Super-4 match against India on Sunday, September 4, due to a suspected side strain.
Dahani injured himself while bowling in the match against Hong Kong in Sharjah on Friday, where he took a wicket.
As the protocol is with any suspected side strain injury, the medical team will monitor him for the next 48-72 hours, following which they will make decisions, including carrying out a scan and further participation in the tournament.
- NZ vs AUS, 1st Test - Day 2: Australia takes charge in Wellington after Green’s rearguard
- From outcasts to PKL title contenders: Coach Manpreet Singh’s Steelers defy odds to reach the top
- Book review: A valuable anthology of Indian sport and place of women in it
- Chandu Borde: We never played for money
- Everton boss Dyche calls for sanctions to be applied in off-season