Former opener Virender Sehwag on Thursday criticised India’s defensive approach against spinners after Virat Kohli and his men once again struggled against the slow bowlers for the second consecutive match in the ongoing World Cup.
Considered as one of the finest players of spin bowling, India struggled against Rashid and Mujeeb Ur Rahman in its last game against Afghanistan.
The famed Indian batting line-up once again found the going tough against West Indies left-arm spinner Fabian Allen on Thursday.
Sehwag said Kohli and his team need to come out of the defensive shell at the earliest. Wicket-keeper batsman M.S. Dhoni was criticised for his defensive batting against Afghanistan.
“Rashid Khan had gone for 25 in 4 overs, gave away only 13 in his next six and today Fabian Allen had given 34 in 5 overs, only 18 in next five. Can’t be so defensive against the spinners,” Sehwag tweeted.
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Toss, lineup updates; Rohit Sharma & Co look to extend unbeaten run
- NBA In-Season tournament: Pacers beats 76ers, ends Philly’s 8-game winning streak
- India vs New Zealand head-to-head record in ODIs ahead of World Cup semifinal: Overall stats, most runs, wickets
- IND vs NZ head-to-head in ODI World Cup: India vs New Zealand WC results and records ahead of semifinal
- IND vs NZ: New Zealand win/loss record in ODI World Cup semifinal, most runs, wickets, stats