India beat Australia by five wickets at the Inderjit Singh Bindra Stadium to become the No. 1 ranked ODI team in the world. It surpassed Pakistan in the process.
India (116 rating points) displaced its arch-rival Pakistan (115) at the top of the rankings after the win in the first ODI. Australia remains third but the gap between the top two has now widened after it dropped two points to 111.
With the win, India has the chance to go into the ODI World Cup as the No. 1 team in the format. However, Pakistan still has a chance to get back on top if Australia wins the other two matches in the series.
This is only the second time in men’s cricketing history that a side has achieved the No.1 ranking across the formats. Prior to this, only South Africa had achieved the feat back in August 2012.
Australia (111) remains third in the ODI list despite dropping two points.
India and Australia play the second of the three ODIs on Sunday.
With inputs from PTI
- Will Neymar be fit for Mumbai City FC vs Al Hilal AFC Champions League match?
- Neymar to undergo surgery after suffering ACL, meniscus rupture - Brazilian FA
- IND vs BAN head-to-head record in ODIs: India vs Bangladesh overall stats, most runs, wickets
- India vs Bangladesh Dream11 prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: IND vs BAN predicted XI, fantasy team, and squads
- IND vs BAN head-to-head in ODI World Cup: India vs Bangladesh WC results and records