- August 21, 2023 13:28INDIA SQUAD FOR ASIA CUP 2023
Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, Tilak Varma, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya (VC), Ravindra Jadeja, Ishan Kishan, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Md. Shami, Md. Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna.
Sanju Samson: travelling back-up.
- August 21, 2023 13:22FORM GUIDE
India: The Men in Blue come into the tournament ranked third in the ICC Men’s ODI Team Rankings. India won its last ODI series 2-1 against West Indies in the Caribbean after losing to Australia 1-2 at home. The Rohit Sharma-led side started the year on a high - sweeping Sri Lanka and New Zealand 3-0 at home. India has won nine of its 12 matches this year.
- August 21, 2023 12:43HOW MANY TIMES WILL INDIA AND PAKISTAN MEET IN ASIA CUP 2023?
India and Pakistan will face off on September 2 in Pallekele in a Group A match. Provided there are no upsets in the group stage, the two teams will meet again in the Super Four stage. If both India and Pakistan finish in the top two of the Super Fours, they will set up a tantalising final - which will be their third meeting in the tournament.
- August 21, 2023 12:20Clock’s ticking
Samson or Tilak Varma, Axar or Chahal? Will get Suryakumar get more chances?
India’s Asia Cup squad is due to be announced shortly.
- August 21, 2023 12:16The No. 4 conundrum
Four years on from the debate surrounding India’s No. 4 spot before the quadrennial showpiece, the Indian team finds itself in a similar position for the home World Cup. Who are the contenders this time ? Dhruva Prasad finds out in this deep dive - READ
- August 21, 2023 11:51Musical chairs
India’s T20I series against Ireland saw Bumrah and Prasidh return to competitive action, while Rahul and Iyer are still regaining full fitness at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru. Suryakumar Yadav and Sanju Samson, their backups, failed to capitalize on their opportunities in the format. With limited matches before the World Cup, it remains to be seen if India will opt for a 15-member squad or plan to rotate its players with an extended squad.
Captain Rohit Sharma and head coach Rahul Dravid are set to attend the selection meeting headed by Ajit Agarkar.
- August 21, 2023 11:46Ready reckoner
The 2023 Asia Cup will be played in Pakistan and Sri Lanka from August 30 to September 17. With the ODI World Cup less than two months away, the tournament will serve as a dress rehearsal for Asia’s top cricketing nations.
Most successful team: India is the most successful team in the history of the continental tournament, having won the title seven times. While India clinched top honours in 1984, 1988, 1990-91, 1995, 2010, 2016 and 2018, the Lankans emerged victorious in 1986, 1997, 2004, 2008, 2014 and 2022. Pakistan has won the title twice (2000, 2012).
- Indian Super League 2023-24 Quiz — Set 1
- Dinesh Karthik to lead Tamil Nadu in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24
- BCCI announce squads and fixtures for the upcoming U19 men’s quadrangular series
- Liverpool striker Luis Diaz’s father released by kidnappers after 12 days
- ATP Finals 2023 draw: Djokovic faces Sinner, Tsitsipas and Rune in group stage