- October 13, 2022 14:33India loses to WA XI by 36 runs
A 36-run defeat as two wickets fall off the last two deliveries. A scrappy match for India on the whole. On to the Gabba on the 17th, where India will face Australia in the first T20 World Cup warm-up match.
- October 13, 2022 14:24WKL falls
That’s that then? KL Rahul falls for 74 off 65 balls as Tye strikes for WA XI.
- October 13, 2022 14:0650Fifty for KL Rahul
KL Rahul crawls to a slow half-century off 44 balls. India’s chase seems a bit out of hand as of now. Can KL and Karthik unleash the big hits now?
- October 13, 2022 13:42India Score
- October 13, 2022 13:41WHardik falls
McKenzie removes Hardik after conceding a SIX. India in a spot of bother at 58/3 in 9.2 overs.
- October 13, 2022 13:3750 up for India in 9 overs
Hardik hammers Morris for a SIX and brings up the 50 in nine overs.
- October 13, 2022 13:31WHooda falls
Lance Morris dismisses Deepak Hooda for 6 in his first over. A tricky chase this for India so far. IND 33/2 in 7 overs.
- October 13, 2022 13:20Pant perishes
Rishabh Pant falls for 9, yet another failure at the top of the order. Behrendorff’s superb spell finally rewards him with a wicket. Deepak Hooda in at 3.
- October 13, 2022 13:02Maiden Over for Behrendorff
KL Rahul plays out a maiden over against Behrendorff at the start of the chase.
- October 13, 2022 12:58KL Rahul, Pant open chase
KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant walk out for India in its 169-run chase.
- October 13, 2022 12:57India Score
- October 13, 2022 12:39WA XI finishes at 168/8
15 runs off the final over from Harshal and Western Australia close at a decent 168 for eight in 20 overs.
- October 13, 2022 12:16WTHREE wickets in one over for Ashwin!
Ashwin gets TWO in TWO! Cleans up Ashton Turner for 2 and then traps Fanning lbw first ball. Make that THREE! Ashwin gets Bancroft caught behind with Karthik completing the catch.
- October 13, 2022 12:07WHarshal removes Hobson
Hobson’s onslaught ends as Harshal strikes for India. He falls for 64 off 41 balls.
- October 13, 2022 12:05WA XI Score - 168/8 (20 overs)
- October 13, 2022 12:0350Short joins Hobson with a half-century
D’Arcy Short brings up his half-century. Short and Hobson have completely flattened the Indian attack that has constantly shuffled its bowlers.
- October 13, 2022 11:5750Fifty for Hobson
FIFTY for Nick Hobson as WA XI moves past 100.
- October 13, 2022 11:12WArshdeep strikes!
Arshdeep to Philippe, OUT! Arshdeep strikes again in his first over!
- October 13, 2022 11:07Short, Phillipe open for WA XI
D’Arcy Short and Josh Philippe open for WA XI. Virat Kohli is seen fielding in the slip cordon even while he is not part of the Indian XI. Bhuvneshwar takes the new ball.
- October 13, 2022 10:36TOSS and Playing XIs
India wins toss, to bowl
India XI: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul (c), Deepak Hooda, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh
WA XI: Ashton Turner (c), Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Sam Fanning, Nick Hobson, Matt Kelly, Hamish McKenzie, Lance Morris, Josh Philippe, D’Arcy Short, Andrew Tye
- October 13, 2022 10:33KL Rahul to lead India
KL Rahul to lead India. Rohit Sharma is in the XI and Virat Kohli is rested again. Is that surprising?
- October 13, 2022 10:23All in readdiness
- October 13, 2022 09:59Did you know?
KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli have never played as No. 1, 2 and 3 together in a T20 match in Australia. Would we finally be seeing India’s proper XI in action today?
- October 13, 2022 09:27Wednesdays with WV
In the latest Wednesdays with WV episode, WV Raman and former India bowling coach discuss various aspects of bowling injuries, India’s T20 World Cup hopes and more.
- October 13, 2022 09:26IND vs WA XI where to watch?
- October 13, 2022 09:26SQUADS
Western Australia: Ashton Turner (c), Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Sam Fanning, Nick Hobson, Matt Kelly, Hamish McKenzie, David Moody, Lance Morris, Josh Philippe, D’Arcy Short, Andrew Tye
India: Rohit Sharma (c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, R Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harshal Patel, Arshdeep Singh. Standby Players: Mohammad Shami, Shreyas Iyer, Ravi Bishnoi, Deepak Chahar.
- October 13, 2022 09:26Round Two
Team India is set for its second practice match at the WACA in Perth as it takes on Western XI on Thursday.
Rohit Sharma’s men were off to a scratchy start in their first game at the venue with the skipper and the top-order failing to fire. In the absence of Virat Kohli and KL Rahul, India tested out Rishabh Pant and Deepak Hooda up top alongside Rohit Sharma. With three quick wickets seeing the trio off, it was once again down to Suryakumar Yadav to lift the side to a decent total. Suryakumar’s half-century, coupled with a cameo from Hardik Pandya helped India reach 158 for six in 20 overs.
In a refreshing start with the ball, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Arshdeep Singh made the PowerPlay their own with four wickets inside the first six. While WA XI’s Sam Fanning threatened a comeback with his half-century, Arshdeep and Bhuvneshwar returned to ensure the target was a little out of their reach towards the end.
Western Australia has made two changes to their squad for the game. Lance Morris, considered to be one of the quickest bowlers in Australia, will most likely go up against the famed Indian top-order and that could be an interesting test for the Indians ahead of the T20 World Cup.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Karthik, Shahrukh fall in quick succession vs Baroda; Odisha bowled out for 99 vs Saurashtra
- Liverpool set to clinch place in Europa League knockouts
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- Australia forward Borrello ruled out of Asian Cup with broken foot
- Mead proud of England return after ‘tough days’ of watching World Cup