“I don’t have words to express…”
Sanju Samson could not finish the sentence. As former England women cricketer and now a commentator, Isha Guha, asked the youngster about his reaction after slamming the first century of this edition’s Indian Premier League, he took a pause and thanked Rahul Dravid. It was Samson’s way of showing respect to Dravid for helping him overcome the rough patches.
And, why not! After a dull domestic season, which saw him getting into a confrontation with the Kerala State Cricket Association, Samson was back in the business and how! Donning the Delhi Daredevils jersey for the second time in a row, the young cricketer from Kerala allowed the willow to do the talking on Tuesday. The result was out in the open: a flashy knock of 102 in 63 deliveries!
Coming into the game against Rising Pune Supergiants with the wounds of a defeat, it was important for Delhi to show signs of steel, and after Deepak Chahar’s early strike, it was Samson who decided to stick around. While the pressure mounted, the youngster utilised his previous IPL experience to keep himself unnerved. That not only helped his side beat the blues, but also allowed Samson to steady his innings.
Despite a lean patch, Samson has been backed by Dravid and Paddy Upton. And perhaps, it was Sanju’s turn to say, thanks a ‘ton’!
- Australia wins rain-hit third T20 against New Zealand by 27 runs
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Jani strikes twice to restrict TN; Karnataka eyes big partnership vs VID
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 3: IND 226/7, trails by 127 runs; Jurel, Kuldeep at crease
- Manchester United can still finish fourth, says Ten Hag
- Romero scores twice as bottom side Almeria holds Atletico to a draw