Shane Bond’s tenure as bowling coach of Indian Premier League side Mumbai Indians and head coach of International League T20 side MI Emirates came to an end on Wednesday, the franchise confirmed.
“Mumbai Indians announce that Shane Bond’s successful tenure that began in 2015 has ended after a 9 year stint with the team, bringing down the curtain on an illustrious career that included 4 IPL trophies as bowling coach for Mumbai Indians, and Head Coach of MI Emirates in the inaugural season in ILT20.” said Mumbai Indians in a statement.
Shane Bond said, “I would like to thank the Ambani family for the opportunity to be part of MI One Family for the last nine seasons. It has been an incredible experience with so many great memories on and off the field. I have been lucky enough to work with and have strong relationships with so many great people, both players and staff. I will miss them all and wish them all the best for the future. Finally thanks to the MI Paltan for their support as well.”
Bond made the decision to part ways with MI after the five-time IPL champion appointed Lasith Malinga as its bowling coach for IPL 2024 in August this year. Malinga, who retired in 2021 and had played for MI, worked with the Rajasthan Royals until this year.
Bond took charge as the team’s bowling coach in 2015 and was involved in MI’s title triumphs in 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020 to become one of the most decorated and celebrated coaches in the franchise’s history.
His stint as the head coach for MI Emirates, in the inaugural edition of ILT20, where his role was to blend the experience of the international players with the local domestic players.
- PKL Final Live Score: Puneri Paltan the overwhelming favourite as it takes on first-time finalist Haryana Steelers
- WPL 2024 Live Score, UPW vs GG: Giants 53/1 (8); Ecclestone removes Mooney; Chamari Athapaththu makes debut
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC LIVE, MBSG 1-0 JFC, ISL 10: Petratos goal keeps Mariners ahead at home
- Shreyas Iyer doesn’t need encouragement to perform, says Mumbai captain Rahane before Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Sahaja, Shrivalli to strengthen Team India at Billie Jean King Cup 2024