New Zealand captain Kane Williamson after striking a second double-century of his career in the first Test against Bangladesh, has reached his career-best 915 rating points to attain the second spot in the batsman rankings in the Test format.
This knock has lifted him from 897 points to 915 points and he is just seven points away from toppling India's Virat Kohli at the top position in the ICC Test batsman rankings.
With two matches still to go in the series against Bangladesh, Williamson has a chance to go past Kohli.
Williamson's rating points of 915 are the highest for any New Zealand player; only Sir Richard Hadlee had points more than 900.
Openers Tom Latham and Jeet Raval have also made steady progress in the rankings after scoring centuries. Latham’s knock of 161 has enabled him to reach the 11th position while Raval has risen five slots to reach the 33rd position.
Among the bowlers, the pair of Trent Boult and Tim Southee hold the number eight and nine, respectively, in the ICC bowler rankings.
Ravindra Jadeja (five) and Ravichandran Ashwin (10) are the only bowlers from India to feature in the top 10 in bowler rankings.
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians