Mumbai opener Akhil Herwadkar has been ruled out of the Ranji Trophy Group A league match against Bengal due to injury. The match will be played at the Civil Lines ground here from Tuesday.
The left-hander has been consistent for Mumbai this season, scoring two centuries and aggregating 447 runs in six matches. "Akhil has a foot injury and Kaustubh Pawar has replaced him," said coach Chandrakant Pandit.
Mumbai has also recalled middle order Armaan Jaffer in place of seamer Balwinder Sandhu. Jaffer has played against Tamil Nadu and Baroda this season’s league.
- Pakistan team fitness was lowest priority for Babar Azam, coach Mickey Arthur: Hafeez
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16