The Supreme Court took up the alleged threat by the Board treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry against the Board’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Santosh Rangnekar, and sought a response from the treasurer in two weeks' time.
The matter, in the form of an e-mail written by the CFO to the Chairman of the Committee of Administrators was brought to the notice of the Court by amicus curiae, Gopal Subramanium.
It was alleged that Anirudh Chaudhry had threatened to destroy the CFO.
On his part, Anirudh Chaudhry said that this could be a fall out of his views on financial matters of the Board, while his lawyer categorically denied any such threat.
The case was being heard by a Special bench of Chief Justice Dipak Mishra, Justice AM Khanwilkar and Justice DY Chandrachud.
- ISL 10 LIVE SCORE, Jamshedpur FC vs East Bengal: JFC 0-1 EBFC, Nandha outs East Bengal ahead, Indian Super League updates
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Andhra faces Madhya Pradesh in quarterfinals, eyes redemption for last season’s loss
- Alonso leads call for more pre-season F1 testing
- PKL Playoffs fixtures: Pro Kabaddi League 2023/24 Eliminator, Semifinals full schedule
- Indian sports wrap, February 22