Yuvraj Singh’s selection to the Indian One-Day International and Twenty20 International squads for the series against England was possible as M. S. Dhoni is no longer captain, according to Yuvraj’s father Yograj Singh. Yograj had earlier blamed Dhoni for the exclusion of his son from the Indian squad for the World Cup in 2015.
Speaking to a local newspaper, Yograj indicated that he was not surprised with Yuvraj’s inclusion in the limited-overs teams, and that he had predicted this earlier.
Yuvraj has been out of the ODI squad for three years, but he played for India in the World Twenty20 at home in March 2016. His consistent performance in the Ranji Trophy this season seemed to make the case for his return to the ODI side.
India and England face off in three ODIs and three T20Is. The series begins with the first ODI in Pune on Sunday.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis