The Zimbabwe cricket board has been reinstated by a government body but the country remains suspended by the International Cricket Council because of outside interference.
Zimbabwe Cricket’s leadership under chairman Tavengwa Mukuhlani will be allowed to return to their jobs after a court settlement was reached on Thursday with the government-appointed Sports and Recreation Commission.
The SRC suspended the entire board in June, alleging corruption and election irregularities. That led to the ICC suspending Zimbabwe from international competition for government interference.
The ICC said it will only reconsider Zimbabwe’s suspension at a meeting in October.
The ban has come at a high price for Zimbabwe’s team, which has lost its place at the Twenty20 World Cup qualifying competition.
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: India men, women win bronze in speed skating 3000m relay; Tejaswin leads decathlon pack after two events
- Asian Games 2023: India wins bronze in men’s, women’s 3000m speed skating relay race
- Athletics LIVE updates, Asian Games 2023: Tejaswin finishes first in decathlon long jump; Afsal, Krishan qualify for men’s 800m final; Hangzhou 2022 streaming info
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 2 - LIVE - India men, women win bronze in speed skating 3000m relay, stays fourth with 55 medals
- Tejaswin Shankar: Paris Olympics might be my last as a high jumper