Wessly Madhevere became the third Zimbabwe bowler to record an ODI hat-trick during the second ODI against the Netherlands in Harare on Thursday.
The 22-year-old Madhevere claimed the feat as Zimbabwe pipped the Netherlands by 1 run to level the three-match series 1-1. The part-time off-spinner dismissed Colin Ackermann (stumped), Teja Nidamanuru (bowled) and Paul van Meekeren (bowled) in the 44th over, reducing the Netherlands to 213 for six during its 271-run chase. He finished with figures of 9-0-36-3.
Eddo Brandes and Prosper Utseya are the other Zimbabweans to record a hat-trick in ODIs. Madhevere’s hat-trick was the 50th in ODIs - the first format to scale the mark.
The 22-year-old currently has 12 wickets from 28 ODIs. Opening the batting, Madhevere had earlier scored 43 in the match.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Ashwin removes Brathwaite, Chanderpaul in quick succession; West Indies down down in 365 chase vs India
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone