Norway’s Ada Hegerberg picked up a groin injury while warming up for Tuesday’s Women’s World Cup match against Switzerland, her country’s football federation said, dealing a huge blow to the former champions’ hopes of progressing from Group A.
Hegerberg, 28, was seen walking down the tunnel seconds before kickoff. She was replaced by Sophie Haug.
“National team doctor Trygve Hunemo says that Ada Hegerberg felt a sensation in her groin during the last sprint during the warm-up,” team press officer Halvor Lea said in a text message.
Norway were already facing an uphill battle to qualify for the knockout stages after defeat by co-hosts New Zealand in their opening group game.
- Dominica withdraws its bid to co-host the T20 World Cup 2024
- PKL: Which defender the most tackle points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- PKL: Who has the most raid points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- Cristiano Ronaldo faces USD1B class-action lawsuit after promoting for Binance NFTs
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC denies Punjab FC its first win of the season in 3-3 draw