Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo claimed the club has evidence Barcelona had agreed to terms with Antoine Griezmann before his release clause dropped to €120million.
Barca confirmed the signing of Griezmann on Friday on a five-year deal after a solicitor representing the forward deposited money for his buy-out clause at La Liga headquarters in Madrid.
However, Atletico believes the France international agreed to terms with Barca before his clause dropped from €200m on July 1 and therefore claim it is owed an additional €80m to ratify the transfer, it said in a statement.
Cerezo said the La Liga outfit had proof and planned to request a greater fee.
"If the club have made this statement it's because there's evidence," he told RAC1 . "We have to study it and we'll demand the amount we consider to be necessary."
Barca, which reportedly plans to present Griezmann at Camp Nou on Sunday, has yet to respond to Atletico's claims.
Cerezo also hit out at Griezmann, who confirmed in May he would be leaving Atletico.
"I'm disappointed by his attitude," he said. "He wanted to leave, but he didn't tell us until the last minute."
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Glenn Maxwell vows to play IPL until he ‘can’t walk anymore’
- IND-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming Info, 1st T20I: When and where to watch India Women vs England Women T20 series 2023?
- IND-W vs ENG-W Dream11 Prediction, 1st T20I: India Women vs England predicted playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- IND-W vs ENG-W head-to-head record in T20Is: India Women vs England Women overall stats; most runs, wickets