Joachim Low has called up three new players in his first Germany squad since controversially axing senior trio Thomas Muller, Mats Hummels and Jerome Boateng.
Low confirmed last week that the World Cup-winning trio will not be part of his plans for its Euro 2020 qualifying campaign, which starts against Netherlands on March 24, four days after a friendly with Serbia.
Low has instead turned to RB Leipzig defender Lukas Klostermann, Hertha Berlin midfielder Niklas Stark and Werder Bremen's exciting forward Maximilian Eggestein as he looks to reverse Die Mannschaft's fortunes after a calamitous World Cup campaign in Russia last year.
READ: Muller dumbfounded by Germany dropping
Muller, Hummels and Boateng have all expressed disappointment with the communication surrounding the decision to drop them from the squad and Low says he understands their frustrations.
"I understand that the players are incredibly disappointed," he told a media conference.
"I told them that I would be planning without them for the European Championships qualification and I wanted to be honest."
READ: Germany axe 'isn't right' on Muller, Boateng and Hummels, says Kovac
Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Manchester City's Ilkay Gundogan have been recalled after missing the squad for November's Nations League meeting with Netherlands and friendly against Russia.
There is no place, however, for Jonas Hector, Julian Draxler, Sebastian Rudy and Mark Uth, who were all included in the initial squad for their last fixtures.