FIFA president Gianni Infantino on Tuesday hailed Leicester City's unlikely English Premier League triumph as a "fairytale" come true.
"It's a fairytale. It's one of these beautiful football stories that only football can write and no one would have believed possible at the beginning of the season," Infantino told reporters on the sidelines of the UEFA congress in Budapest.
"Not only does it make the Leicester fans very happy and very proud but all football fans because this is the magic of football.
"So big, big, big congratulations to the club, to (Claudio) Ranieri, to the players. They have their place in the Champions League on sporting merit."
Ranieri's side, considered one of the candidates for relegation at the start of the season, clinched the English title on Monday when second-placed Tottenham Hotspur failed to beat Chelsea to stay in the race.
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC