Indian women’s team head coach Thomas Dennerby, on Wednesday, named a 23-member squad for the women’s Olympic qualifier first round to be played in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic from April 4.
Apart from India, the hosts Kyrgyz Republic is the only other team in Group G after Turkmenistan pulled out of the tournament. The two teams will play each other twice on April 4 and April 7, 2023.
The Blue Tigresses will reach the Kyrgyz Republic from Uzbekistan, where they played a friendly match against the Uzbekistan National team as part of the preparations for the Olympic qualifier. The Indian team also played two friendly games in Jordan.
Goalkeepers: Sowmiya Narayansamy, Shreya Hooda and Elangbam Panthoi
Defenders: Ashalata Devi, Sweety Devi, Ritu Rani, Ranjana Chanu, Michel Castanha, Dalima Chhibber, Manisa Panna and Juli Kishan
Midfielders: Shilky Devi Hemam, Anju Tamang, Indumathi Kathiresan, Sangita Basfore and Karthika Angamuthu
Forwards: Grace Dangmei, Soumya Guguloth, Renu, Karishma Shirvoikar, Sandhiya Ranganathan and Apurna Narzary
Head Coach: Thomas Dennerby
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023: Josh Hazlewood ruled out, Michael Neser named replacement in Australia squad
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info
- FA Cup Final: Man City beats Manchester United to move closer to historic treble
- Karim Benzema’s top moments at Real Madrid: Ballon d’Or win, 2011 El Clasico goal, hat-trick vs PSG and more
- From Benzema to Hazard: Six players leaving Real Madrid at the end of 2022-23 season