Mexico eked out a hard-fought 4-3 win over Uzbekistan to avoid the wooden-spoon and finish seventh in the FIH Series Finals hockey tournament here Wednesday.
In the match between two lowest ranked sides of the tournament, World No. 39 Mexico scored through Maximiliano Mendez (29th minute), Alexander Palma (30th), Yamil Mendez (54th) and Roberto Garcia (59th).
Gaybullo Khaytboev (41st), Okhunjon Mirzakarimov (42nd) and Ruslan Satlikov were the goal scorers for 43rd-ranked Uzbekistan.
The Uzbeks, thus, finished eighth and last after failing to register a single point in the tournament.
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 26 - LIVE - Neha Thakur wins silver, Eabad Ali, Vishnu Saravanan bag bronze in sailing; India 6th with 2 golds, 13 medals
- FACT CHECK: Did Jyothi Yarraji win gold for India at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou
- Jessica Hawkins becomes first woman in five years to test an F1 car
- Asian Games 2023, LIVE Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sailor Neha Thakur wins silver; Eabad Ali, Vishnu Saravanan bag bronze; boxer Sachin reaches round of 16
- A planned yet lucky brush with Virat Kohli