A whopping total prize money of Rs 5.70 crores will be up for grabs in the fourth edition of the Hockey India League (HIL) which will be held across six different cities of the country from January 18 to February 21.
The winning team of the fourth edition of HIL will take home a whopping Rs 2.50 crores while the runner’s up will walk away with Rs 1.75 crores as prize money. A cash reward of Rs 75.00 lakhs will also be awarded to the team finishing third in the tournament.
Hockey India also announced a cash reward of Rs 50 lakhs for the ‘Coal India Player of the Tournament’ and there is further good news for individual performers as well, as the Coal India Goal of the Match award has been increased to Rs 50,000.
The ‘man-of-the-match’ award has also been increased to Rs 50,000 and will be awarded by the host franchisees in each of their home matches.
Further, Rs 20 lakhs each will be awarded to the best player under-21 player and the person who scores the maximum goals.
The six franchises battling for supremacy in the richest field hockey league in the world are Jaypee Punjab Warriors, Delhi Waveriders, Kalinga Lancers, Uttar Pradesh Wizards, Dabang Mumbai and defending champions Ranchi Rays.
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave