2018 Hockey World Cup - Quiz 1
Ahead of the Hockey World Cup in Bhubaneswar, take a shot at our quiz.
1. Let’s start at home. What is the name of the mascot of the 2018 Hockey World Cup, a reference to the fact that Odisha has one of the most important nesting beaches for Olive Ridley turtles?
2. Which former president of the Pakistan Cricket Board and the Pakistan Hockey Federation was responsible for conceiving the first-ever Hockey World Cup?
3. We are not done with Malik Nur Khan by the way – which other prestigious sporting competition did he conceive in 1978, leaving quite a legacy for himself?
4. The first edition of the Hockey World Cup was held at the Real Polo Club in Barcelona in 1971. It was also the venue for which of the following events at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics? Clue – The venue was also used for one portion of the Modern Pentathlon event.
5. The 1971 World Cup was the only occasion when a team from Africa made it to the semifinals of a World Cup. Which country is it? Clue - It has performed giant-killing feats in cricket as well.