He is the Kerala Blasters’ new goodwill ambassador but actor Mohanlal will soon become a co-owner of the Indian Super League club too.
Varun Tripuraneni, the Blasters’ CEO confirmed that Mohanlal will pick up a stake in the Kochi-based club, a two-time runner-up in the ISL.
“We will be making an announcement about it soon,” industrialist Nimmagada Prasad, a Blasters co-owner, told Sportstar at the Grand Hyatt during the team’s jersey launch on Wednesday evening.
Sachin Tendulkar’s presence during ISL games attracted a lot of fans to Kochi’s Nehru Stadium and with the cricket great selling his stake in the club, Mohanlal’s arrival could bring a lot of fans too.
ALSO READ | Deluge wets Kerala Blasters’ gunpowder!
Meanwhile David James, the head coach, said the Blasters would give their all in this ISL season which begins in Kolkata on Saturday with the Kochi club taking on ATK in the opening fixture.
“We will give our hundred per cent,” said the former English World Cupper.
All the players and team sponsors, including top officials of Muthoot Pappachan, were present during the jersey launch.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer