As a spinner, I consider Shane Warne as my idol but I have never had the opportunity of meeting him. He is a legend and it would be really great if I get to meet him sometime and take a tip or two.
As of now, that hasn’t happened.
But I still cherish the moment when I met Mahendra Singh Dhoni in Australia. That was in 2016 and both the men’s and women’s teams were touring Down Under. We went on to win the T20 series, creating history and right after that all of us met Dhoni.
Even though I could not speak to him, it was a great experience meeting him. As a cricketer, I admire him a lot. He is calm and composed on the field and every time he is around, you tend to believe that India can pull off a game from any situation. He gives that confidence to the team and that’s quite inspiring for players like us.
At the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru, I also met Yuzvendra Chahal and discussed a bit about my bowling. Since he plays at the highest level, I wanted to meet him and know a thing or two on how to improve my game. When we caught up, Chahal praised me and asked me to focus on flight and suggested that I bring in a bit of variation. Those suggestions have helped me quite a bit and I am thankful to him for that.
As told to Shayan Acharya.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Score: GG 3-5 HS, Gujarat Giants takes on with Haryana Steelers in Eliminator 2; Sachin’s Patna Pirates enter semifinals with 37-35 win on Dabang Delhi
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 1-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Nandha Kumar scores opening goal
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Score, WPL 2024: Kapp, Radha help DC dominate; Lanning & Co. need 120 runs to win
- WPL 2024: Indian international Gouher Sultana, aged 35, makes debut for UP Warriorz
- Murray fights back to reach Dubai second round