Kerala won both men and women’s gold medals to achieve a rare double in volleyball on the concluding day of the 36th National Games here on Wednesday.
Previous edition’s silver medallist Kerala defeated defending champion Tamil Nadu 25-23, 28-26, 27-25 in the men’s title clash to clinch the last gold medal on offer in the Games. Earlier, the Kerala women’s team overcame a stiff challenge from West Bengal in the second set to record a 25-22, 36-34, 25-19 victory in the final and retained the title it won seven years ago on home turf.
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: Marsh off to an explosive start after Head departs early; AUS 48/1 (7)
- FIH Men’s Junior World Cup 2023: We will give added emphasis to our circle entry, says Amandeep Lakra
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 88/1 (14.4); Iftikhar removes Malan on 31; Bairstow, Root eye rebuild
- ODI World Cup 2023: MCC backs Mathews Timed out decision, says batter ‘did not consult with umpires when helmet broke’
- Dhiraj Bommadevara secures India’s first archery Paris Olympics 2024 quota