Manipur Chief Minister N Biren on Tuesday announced that all five Olympic-bound athletes from the state will be handed financial support of Rs 25 lakh and will be given more cash awards if they return with medals.
The CM said the gold medal winner will be given a cash prize of Rs 1.20 crore and the silver medallist will get Rs. one crore. The bronze medal winner will get Rs 75 lakh. Mary Kom heads to Italy for training to avoid Tokyo Games travel restrictions
"Now is the time we come out to support the sportspersons, competing at the Tokyo Games beginning from July 23 to August 8, 2021," Biren said on the sidelines of an event.
Manipur's P Sushila Chanu (hockey), Nilakanta Sharma (hockey), Shushila Likmabam (judo) MC Mary Kom (boxing) and Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (weight lifting) will compete at the Games, starting July 23.
- India vs Sri Lanka Cricket Final Live Score, Asian Games 2023: Shafali departs early, Jemimah joins Mandhana
- Shooting, Asian Games 2023 LIVE Score Updates: Vijayveer Sidhu scores four in Series 3 in rapid fire pistol final; India wins three medals today - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Premier League: Newcastle hungry for goals and success, says Howe after 8-0 win
- Asian Games 2023, September 25 LIVE updates: Vijayveer in 25m men’s rapid fire pistol final; India vs Sri Lanka women’s cricket final score
- Tottenham leaving Spursy tag behind, says Maddison