Sports Ministry has setup a two-member committee to look into the claims made by marathon runner OP Jaisha that the Indian stalls were empty and had no refreshments during the 42-km run at the Rio Olympics.
Jaisha finished 89th and collapsed after crossing the finish line. She blamed the AFI for not making any arrangements for refreshments or energy drinks during the marathon.
AFI, on its part has claimed that the athlete herself refused for any such arrangement when she was approached one day before the event.
In a press release, the Sports Ministry said "The Minister of State, Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Vijay Goel has constituted a two-member Committee consisting of Shri Onkar Kedia, Joint Secretary (Sports) and Shri Vivek Narayan, Director (Sports) to enquire into the allegations of Ms. O.P. Jaisha,"
The committee will submit its report in seven days.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 139/8, leads by 185 runs; Foakes, Bashir frustrate IND
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Karnataka stumbles vs Vidarbha; Solanki smashes century vs Mumbai
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon