Nine kit bags belonging to British athletes have gone missing but the British Olympic Association (BOA) say reports that the luggage has been stolen from the Rio Olympic village are "unsubstantiated".
It was reported on the day of the opening ceremony that thieves took the belongings of swimmers from the rooms of Team GB swimmers on Thursday.
A BOA spokesperson confirmed to Omnisport that the bags have not been traced, but there is no proof that they were pinched and added that items in question are not specific to swimming.
"A small number of bags - 9 from a total of nearly 3,000 pieces of luggage - are currently unaccounted for following their transfer from Belo Horizonte to the Olympic Village in Rio." the spokesperson said.
"We are working hard to locate the bags as soon as possible. In the meantime all athletes continue to train as normal and are unaffected when it comes to training and competition wear.
"The focus of athletes involved is very much on the start of the Games and their own performances."
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Kaverappa picks fifer vs Vidarbha
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: Jurel, Gill take India to five-wicket win
- WTC 2023-25 Points Table Update: India extends lead at 2nd place after IND vs ENG 4th Test
- PKL 10: Patna Pirates defender Krishan Dhull gears up for playoff challenge against Dabang Delhi
- Nike to release Australia women’s goalkeeper jersey after backlash