Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra on Thursday said that he will be one of the torch bearers of the Paris Olympics Games.
“Excited to share that I’ll be a torch bearer for the @paris2024 Olympic Games, a beacon of peace and perseverance across the globe. This flame represents our collective spirit and the power of dreams. A great privilege and honour,” Bindra wrote on ‘X’ with a picture of the torch.
The Olympic Games will be held from July 26 to August 11 in Paris.
Bindra, 41, is India’s first-ever individual gold medallist at the Olympics.
The former shooting ace created history by winning the gold medal in the men’s 10m air rifle competition at the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Harris, Sehrawat keep Warriorz’ chase alive
- Indian sports wrap, February 24
- ISL 2023-24: Substitute Sivasakthi hero with the late winner as Bengaluru FC edges past Hyderabad
- East Bengal midfielder Saul Crespo returns to Kolkata for rehab
- India loses to Australia in shootout of FIH Men’s Pro League 2023-24