Olympian Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Ganemat Sekhon won the gold in mixed skeet as they outclassed Gabriela Rodriguez and Luis Oliveros of Mexico 6-0 in the shotgun World Cup in Cairo, Egypt, on Sunday.
The Indian pair topped qualification with 143, the same as Mexico, and won the shoot-off 4-3 to get the No.1 rank before the gold match. The Indian duo established itself by winning in three rounds 8-5, 6-5, 5-4 with each round getting two points for the higher score.
It was redemption time, especially for Mairaj as he had fared below par in the individual event.
“I was very confident from the start. We were confident of winning gold today. We are getting ready for the Paris Olympics”, said Mairaj.
- IND vs ENG Live Score, 3rd Test Day 1: IND 193/3; Rohit Sharma slams century vs England
- IND vs ENG: Rohit Sharma slams hundred during India vs England third Test
- Most sixes in Tests by Indians: Rohit Sharma breaks Dhoni’s record during IND vs ENG third Test
- Haughey eases into 100m freestyle semis at Doha
- Premier League: Chelsea mini-revival faces Man City reality check