Commonwealth Games gold medallist Anish Bhanwala overwhelmed Egor Ismakov of Russia 29-23 to clinch the gold in 25-metre rapid fire pistol in the Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany, on Wednesday.
It was a superlative performance by Anish as he had earlier topped qualification with 584. However, the Indian team could not clinch a medal, as the third member of the team Harshwardhan Yadav had problems in the 4-second series in the second stage, leading to a below par total of 550.
The Indian team, with Adarsh Singh (574) as the second member, thus missed the gold by five points.
The second string Indian team of Agneya Kaushik, Rajkanwar Sandhu and Udhayveer Sidhu won the bronze, one point ahead of the main Indian team. In fact, it missed the silver by one point to China.
In mixed air rifle, Shreya Agrawal and Yash Vardhan topped qualification, but were beaten to the gold by Iran 17-11.
India stayed on top of the medals table with eight gold, eight silver and four bronze medals. China was in the second place, comfortably ahead of Russia, with six gold, four silver and five bronze.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Cristiano Ronaldo asks for a penalty overturn which he earned
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final