Sameer Ghulia missed the gold by one point to Yan Chesnel of France in the Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany, on Wednesday.
The 16-year-old Sameer, who had won the Junior World Championship silver in Cairo last year, led by two points before the last series of five shots.
While the French boy rose to the occasion and had five hits, Sameer could manage only two hits that resulted in him being pushed to the silver by one point.
Three Indian shooters made the final, and Mahesh Anandakumar climbed to the bronze medal
In the team event, Sameer along with Rajkanwar Sandhu and Jatin won the silver, six points behind Korea.
India continued to stay on top of the medals table with six gold, six silver and three bronze medals. Korea was second with five gold, three silver and a bronze.
In the 50-metre rifle 3-position event for junior women, Nupur Kumrawat shot 583 and was unlucky to miss a final berth, as she had 27x and fell short by one inner-10.
- Inter Miami vs Atlanta United Live Score: ATL 4-2 MIA, Is Lionel Messi playing for Miami, MLS, Soccer updates
- Neeraj Chopra finishes 2nd in Diamond League finals, Vadlejch wins
- Neeraj Chopra ends 2nd, Diamond League finals HIGHLIGHTS: Vadlejch becomes champion with 84.24m attempt
- VIDEO: Messi returns to Inter Miami ahead of match against Atlanta
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores again as Al Nassr beats Al Raed 3-1 in Saudi Pro League