Spanish 17th seed Roberto Bautista Agut on Thursday became the third man to withdraw from Wimbledon with Covid-19.
"Today I have notified Wimbledon of my withdrawal. I have tested positive for Covid-19," tweeted the 34-year-old.
"Fortunately, the symptoms are not very serious, but I think it is the best decision. Thanks for your support. I hope to come back soon."
ALSO READ |
The 2019 semi-finalist joins world number 11 and 2021 runner-up Matteo Berrettini and 2017 finalist Marin Cilic in pulling out of the event due to coronavirus.
Bautista Agut's withdrawal means that Colombia's Daniel Elahi Galan receives a walkover into the third round.
- New Zealand Test star Henry Nicholls cleared of ball tampering
- IND vs NED Live Score, World Cup 2023: India eyes record ninth win against Netherlands; Preview, toss updates
- PCB, team management ignored advice to relook spin bowling attack before World Cup, says Misbah Ul Haq
- Six England World Cup 2023 players retained for Caribbean tour; Buttler remains captain
- India vs Netherlands, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs NED match today?