India’s Yuki Bhambri and Saketh Myneni face the Mexican-French pair of Santiago Gonzalez and Edouard Roger-Vasselin in men’s doubles second round at the 2023 French Open on Friday.
Yuki and Saketh are the only Indians left in this edition as they beat local wildcards Arthur Rinderknech and Enzo Couacaud 6-3, 6-2 while the other all-Indian duo of Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and N. Sriram Balaji, and the Indo-Australian pair of Rohan Bopanna and Matthew Ebden lost in the opening round.
Gonzalez and Roger-Vasselin, ninth seeds, have clinched titles in Marseille and Miami. In the opening round at Roland-Garros this year, the duo beat Andre Goransson of Sweden and Ben Mclachlan of Japan 6-2, 6-2.
India has previously won three titles in men’s doubles at the French Open. Leander Paes won the crown twice with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi in 1999 and 2001 before clinching his third title with Czech player Lukas Dlouhy in 2009.
Where to watch 2023 French Open in India?
- Peru vs Brazil LIVE streaming info: When and where to watch World Cup qualifiers match?
- Peru vs Brazil LIVE score, FIFA World Cup qualifiers: Lineups OUT! streaming info; Kick-off at 7:30am IST
- Watch: India qualifies for Asia Cup 2023 final, ends Sri Lanka’s 13-match winning streak
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier: Argentina, sans Messi, bags comfortable win against 10-man Bolivia
- BOL 0-3 ARG highlights, FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Enzo, Tagliafico, Nico on the scoresheet as Messi-less Argentina cruises to win against Bolivia