Defending champion Punjab Royals on Wednesday came up with another dominating performance, as it tamed the Veer Marathas to enter the final of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) 2018 for the second consecutive time.
Royals took a commanding 4-0 lead against Veer Marathas before conceding the first point in the nine-bout tie. Pooja Dhanda defeated World Championship silver medalist Marwa Amri to help the Royals sail into the final.
Earlier, Ilyas Bekbulatov was off to a decent start, as he tamed Amit Dhankar of the Marathas 10-4 in the 65-kg clash. Koumba Larroque, too, came up with a fine performance to beat World Championship silver medalist Vasilisa Marzaliuk.
In the 125-kg clash, 2017 World Champion Geno Petriashvili helped the Royals extend the lead as he edged past Levan Berianidze. Georgi Ketoev pulled one back for the Marathas as he beat 2016 Cadet World Championship medalist Deepak Punia 9-2.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 5: Padikkal scores 114 for KAR vs CHD; Rahul Tewatia scores 99 not out; Kerala wins
- Cricket into the Olympics - What does it mean for other sports?
- Sreenidi Deccan striker William Oliveira aims to elevate club ‘to the elite of Indian Football’
- Former Belgium and United player Fellaini bids emotional farewell to Chinese football
- Australia’s Matildas back netballers in pay dispute, says striker Simon