Manjit Singh upstaged pre-race favourite compatriot Jinson Johnson to win gold in men’s 800m in a 1-2 finish for India in the event here today.
The 28-year-old Manjit ran his personal best time of 1 minute and 46.15 seconds to win his maiden major international medal.
Johnson, who smashed legendary Sriram Singh’s 42-year-old 800m national record in June during the National Inter-State Athletics Championships, finished second in 1:46.35. He holds the national record of 1:45.65.
Abdalla Abubaker of Qatar was third in 1:46.38.
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organization are not correct
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave